Thursday, August 03, 2006

Many new hits

I am encouraged to see from my hit counter (click the map on the right side panel, or here) that I am gaining readership from all round the world, from every continent except Antarctica, including something over 70 locations in the USA, one in the Yukon and one right in the middle of the Australian desert - if the higher resolution version of the map is accurate.

I guess my Scholarly and Fundamentalist Approaches series and my Bible Deists posting have been popular. The latter has been linked to from Henry Neufeld's Participatory Bible Study blog - thank you, Henry. This may have generated a number of extra hits. Henry offers a useful, and freely downloadable, introduction "I Want to Study the Bible" - although I would never have the patience to read through a passage his recommended twelve times! And, from a brief look, there is a lot of other good material on that blog.

5 Comments:

At Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:01:00 am, Blogger R. Mansfield said...

The only continent missing from my hit collection is Antarctica. I just can't seem to get the attentionof those guys.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 11:55:00 am, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Well, I am glad to say Suzanne has been rescued from the Antarctic ;-), so I don't think either of us will get any hits from there for a bit!

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006 2:19:00 pm, Blogger David Ker said...

I think it has something to do with there being no bears in Antarctica. If there were I'm sure you and Rick would gain a wider readership in that part of the world.

Welcome back! And congrats on the readership. Your blog deserves it. My only thought is that at times you post so much so fast that it is hard to process it and respond before the next post comes out. Personally I've been aiming for one longer post per week as well as a couple "throw-aways." But far be it from me to censure you for being prolific! Write away!

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 12:49:00 pm, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Lingamish, thanks for the tip. Others have suggested that I try to post something every day. It is hard to get the right balance! Basically I will post as much or as little as I feel like, but I won't let myself feel obliged to post daily. Anyway, I really should get back to some serious translation work soon, and that won't leave me so much time for blogging.

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:28:00 am, Blogger David Ker said...

Blogging is serious work! Maybe you can write it into your weekly work plan. I know I'd sure like to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home