Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Away for three weeks

I will be away from home from Wednesday 4th to Wednesday 25th October, working on my Bible translation project. I will be staying in a major city in a country where the infrastructure is not quite up to western standards. I should have Internet access, but only dial-up and not always reliable or fast. I will also be rather busier than I usually am at home. Therefore I will not have as much time as usual to spend on blogging. So don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a few weeks. But then I may find time to post something. Also I will continue to receive comments, by e-mail, and will try to respond to anything significant.

I don't want to say too much about my project here for various reasons. I can say that I will be working with a team of local translators and two other outsiders on the final stages of checking a new translation of the New Testament. I may say more on my return.

PS: I have now worked out how to blog by e-mail, so maybe I will keep in touch that way.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:04:00 pm, Blogger Annette Harrison said...

Peter . . .

Just to let you know that I lost your comment on Adrian's site when I redid the entire article. I was trying to figure out how to make "Read" bring up the transcripts, and didn't know at the time they were not available.

Since then, I've discovered that except for Piper, the transcripts are not yet available (unfortunately).

Sorry if I inadvertently deleted your comment! I hope that by the time you find this you will have already figured out that the transcripts are still in the works.

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:10:00 pm, Blogger David Ker said...

Peter, I hope you have a great trip. I'll be praying for you. Report if possible but we'll look forward to hearing more when you return.

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:11:00 pm, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Thanks for letting me know, Annette, no problem.

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:13:00 pm, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Thanks, Lingamish. Meanwhile I hope your move on to Mozambique goes well and that you settle back in quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home