Thursday, June 15, 2006

Eddie Arthur on Bible Controversies

I remember Eddie Arthur as the most interesting of the teachers I had when studying in 1992-1993 to be a Bible translator, at the British SIL school, now ETP. Eddie now blogs regularly, and very interestingly, on Bible translation and on various other issues relating to the Christian life. I can especially recommend his latest posting All Together Now: Why Bible Translation is Important II. Indeed we should avoid unnecessary arguments about English Bible translations, and give higher priority to translations into languages which do not have any translation. The latter is still my main work. Sometimes I get a bit too involved in the former controversies, but only where I see basic Christian teaching and values under threat.

2 Comments:

At Monday, June 19, 2006 1:30:00 pm, Blogger 4given said...

Okay Captain Kirk speaker of "truth"... I made changes to my blog JUST FOR YOU... and that other guy.

"Lightweight" Lisa

:-)

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 2:01:00 pm, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Thanks! I presume you mean http://www.4ever4given.com/ - don't say I didn't want to link to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home