Saturday, August 26, 2006

Theology quiz results

I'm safely back from Momentum, and intending to blog about it when I get round to it. But first I have been looking at what other bloggers have been up to while I have been away. I have already responded to Adrian on the Better Bibles Blog.

Rick of ThisLamp took a couple of theological quizzes, so I decided to do the same, and like him to share my results.

On Eucharistic theology, I seem to fall right in the middle, or perhaps I'm just confused. The quiz had to ask me a tiebreaker to classify me as Zwingli. Here are the results:

You scored as Zwingli. You are Ulrich Zwingli. You believe that bread and wine are mere symbols of the absent Jesus. You believe in interpreting Scripture reasonably.

Zwingli


69%

Calvin


69%

Luther


69%

Unitarian


19%

Catholic


13%

Eucharistic theology
created with QuizFarm.com


And then on my general theological worldview, I was a little surprised to find myself classified as Wesleyan, although again with something of an eclectic mix of views. I might have come out more Charismatic/Pentecostal if I had accepted that tongues were important for salvation, which is not a teaching of most charismatics. But then I rather agree with Rick that there are not enough questions in this test to distinguish between all these different theologies. My results:

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/ Wesleyan


89%

Emergent/ Postmodern


79%

Charismatic/ Pentecostal


71%

Neo orthodox


68%

Reformed Evangelical


43%

Fundamentalist


36%

Classical Liberal


36%

Modern Liberal


32%

Roman Catholic


29%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

10 Comments:

At Sunday, August 27, 2006 4:01:00 am, Blogger Tim Chesterton said...

There are two glaring omissions in all these quizzes: Eastern Orthodox, and Anabaptist.

Welcome back, Peter.

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:28:00 am, Blogger David Ker said...

I don't know. Rick has a tat. Maybe he also sips beer and speaks in tongues when no one's looking. You two might be more alike than you realize.

I'd take the quiz but I don't know how to pronounce "Zwingli."

Welcome back from Momementum.

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 6:10:00 pm, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Good point, Tim. I might have scored a few Anabaptist points, probably not so many Eastern Orthodox. Of course the quizzes are only as good as their creators, who need to be very theologically astute and may not quite be up to the job.

Lingamish, it's not me who sips American beer and posts pictures of it on my blog. I don't think I have ever touched the stuff. Well, possibly an occasional Bud. But as for real English bitter or even a good Pilsner, that's a different matter.

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 9:03:00 pm, Blogger David Ker said...

Yes, I saw that photo of Adrian as well. Maybe we could photoshop Rick's ankle into the corner of that picture.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 4:22:00 am, Blogger Tyson said...

Modern liberal scum!

No, just kidding. I took the theological worldview quiz myself a while back and got pretty much the same results as you, except I didn't answer affirmative to any questions that billed me as modern liberal.

Also, if you think it worthwhile blog-post material, could you please post on your interpretation of 1 cor 13:33. Is it relevant only for prophets speaking in turn, or is it a case against "untoward" manifestations in church service? Are non-charismatics right in accusing charismatic services as being out of order based on this verse?

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 12:07:00 pm, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Well, maybe I got classified as a bit "modern liberal" for daring to suggest that social action has a place alongside preaching the gospel.

And excellent question about presumably 1 Corinthians 14:33. I'll answer it as a posting when I have the chance.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 8:50:00 pm, Blogger R. Mansfield said...

I come across here and find EVERYONE slurring my reputation. I'll have you know that if I were ever to sip a beer, I couldn't talk about it because I'm at a Baptist school. That goes for cigars, too--and other fun things.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:05:00 pm, Blogger David Ker said...

Freud thought cigars were fun, too.

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 3:45:00 am, Blogger R. Mansfield said...

I believe Freud said that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 10:56:00 am, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Was that when he smoked one himself?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home